Located just a few miles north of Fort Lauderdale, Oakland Park evokes the charm and elegance of Old Florida.
It occupies just a little over 8 square miles, with a population of around 43,000.
Oakland Park was originally called “Floranada” (a blend of Florida and Canada), now a community still proud of its small-town feel.
Oakland Park Real Estate and Homes for Sale
If you’re looking for beautiful, charming homes priced below $1 million, Oakland Park is the neighborhood for you.
The city is filled with 3-bedroom residences that come with beautiful gardens and spacious master suites.
Many of Oakland Park’s lake view homes also have other features like:
- Elegant kitchens with top-of-the-line appliances
- Oversized master bathrooms with walk-in closets and vanities
- Private backyards with in-ground swimming pools
Living in Oakland Park also gives you easy access to many of Florida’s hot spots. These include:
- Fort Lauderdale Beach, boasting miles and miles of golden sand and turquoise waters, with activities galore to delight visitors of all ages. • If you want to check out the dazzling waters of Miami Beach, it’s just about an hour away. Hollywood Beach, on the hand, is just less than 30 minutes away.
- The food options in Oakland Park are amazing, including authentic Argentinian dishes at Las Pampas Grill and Bar and hearty, classic breakfasts at Mom’s Kitchen.
- The 22-mile West Orange Trail beckons residents to walk, jog, bike, and meet friends.
- Check out the Funky Buddha Brewery, which makes "bold craft beers” like the flagship Floridian Hefeweizen, a light, German-style wheat beer. The Hop Gun IPA, on the other hand, take on the flavors of grapefruit and pineapple with a dose of caramel.
If you’re looking to buy or sell property in Oakland Park , contact Mel Carbonell today at 954-817-2604, or email melissa(at)melcarbonell(dotted)com
Experience the 5-star treatment she offers every client.